Friday, April 8, 2011

Life as a married woman?

I was looking at my blog today, and I came to realize that it's not really about being a married woman. I think I've written one or two posts about being married, but that's really it. So I've decided that I either need to change my blog title, or I need to start writing about marriage.

I'm still unsure of which to do.

I am a married woman. And I do have some experiences and stories about being married. I might even have some insight! So maybe I'll stick with the title and write more about my life...as a married woman.

Here's a story to begin. Again.

Why we need a bigger bed:

This morning I was awaken by some yelling, an elbow thrust into my face and me about having a heart attack. My lovely husband was the culprit.
After my heart rate had gone back down and the look of terror had subsided from my face, I found out why Phil had attacked while I was sleeping. Turns out, he had a weird dream in which he was trying to order food from McDonald's, but the lady wouldn't let him order. So he attacked her?!
Here's how the dream went:
Phil went to McDonald's with me and some famous people (?). We had to leave promptly at 7 so that we could make it in time for some concert in the park. When we got to MacDonald's, Phil's mom happened to be there too, so he was talking to her while everyone else ordered. She was talking to him about breath mints, but not just any breath mints! Breath mints that were actually jelly beans!
Anyway, he finally went up to the register to order, and the lady told him that he couldn't. He had to wait until 7 to order. He said he had to leave by 7 to make it to the concert. But she still refused. Apparently she got up in his face and yelled at him and pushed him a little. And I guess that's when Phil became this angry person and started yelling and punching....IN REAL LIFE!

If that's not the funniest thing ever, I don't know what is. Okay, so maybe the elbow to the face wasn't that great, but it was still comical. And that is why we need a bigger bed! If we had a bigger bed I feel like Phil could have his side and I could have mine. And then when he has weird dreams and acts them out, I don't have to fear for my life.

1 comment:

  1. Well, since you are married, technically anything you post is about life as a married woman.

    (I almost wrote: "technically, since you are married anything you post about is about life as a married woman." But that made it sound like your marriage was a technicality.)

    ReplyDelete