Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#54: A great ending to a horrible day


That's right...new furniture! Well, new to me and Phil. My dad surprised me today by asking me if I wanted his leather couch and chair. Uhhh YEAH! Of course I want it. It's awesome!

Okay, but that's just the awesome ending. Now for the horrible rest of the day:

I had to open at work this morning. No big deal, really. Well today my stomach was acting up. It was not being pleasant to me at all, and I felt absolutely miserable. On top of that, I decided that it would be a great time to stop drinking caffeine. Maybe I was having one of those crazy moments, I'm not really sure. But it was a dumb idea. By about 2:00 p.m my head hurt so bad I thought it might explode. No one had any Tylenol or any kind of medicine at all. I felt doomed.
Finally the next manager came in at 4:30. I asked if she'd be okay if I left early since I felt like crap, and she didn't seem to mind. So I did. By then I was starting to feel queasy.

I got in my car and remember that I needed to get gas...I thought I was running out on the way to work this morning. Well, I drove a few feet and the car died.  I WAS running out of gas this morning.
Crap! No literally...I felt like I was going to poop my pants, my stomach was hurting so bad. I texted my dad to tell him I was out of gas and needed help, and my younger brother came to save the day. In the meantime, I needed to take care of this caffeine headache and this disturbance in my stomach.
I went back inside to get coffee from Gloria Jeans. Maybe that would help. Well just my luck, I forgot my wallet at home. I wouldn't have been able to get gas anyway!
As I was leaving to go  back to my car, I felt this overwhelming urge in my stomach. I felt like I was going to have diarrhea and throw up at the same time. I managed to make it to the bathroom....and...well, that's just what happened. It wasn't pretty. It was absolutely horrible.
I went back out to the car to await my rescue.
Jake finally came and put a bit of gas in my tank and then we went to my house where I preceded to take lots of medicine and laid down while we waited for my dad to come and bring me my awesome new furniture.

And now... I feel so elated that we actually have real furniture! I've never had a matching couch and chair before, so this is totally awesome! I feel like a real grown up for some odd reason.

2 comments:

  1. No one can fault for for not sharing personal information on your blog....

    That is awesome about the furniture, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You love my personal information!

    ReplyDelete