Wednesday, March 30, 2011

#40: It's not just food this time


So, oddly enough 10 of my pictures posts are about food. This one makes 11. Maybe I have some sort of food addiction, or maybe it's that I just really like to show people what I have eaten. Actually, it's probably just that nothing really ever goes on in my day to day life and I think that what I eat is probably the highlight most days. Pathetic, I know.

Well today was no different (although, maybe it is). I met my real life missionary friend in Lincoln and we spent the whole afternoon together. We reminisced about the good ol days at Lincoln Christian College, and how every semester I tried to transfer out of there. Somehow though, I always stayed. We talked about how college was by no means the best years of our lives, and quite frankly we dreaded the entire experience. Sure there were times that it was fun and lovely and great. But for the most part, college wasn't the greatest of experiences. And I'm just glad that I wasn't the only one.
We went to Big R's and sat in some lawn furniture and talked about what our future would (hopefully) look like. We shared our hearts and our dreams and our longings, most of which were being married and having kids. We just want to be wives and mothers, and it seems like todays society looks down on women who don't put their careers before their families. Well we are bucking the ways of society!
I told Jenna that we probably haven't found our dream jobs yet because we aren't meant to have dream jobs. We are meant to have families and raise our kids and teach them and grow them in the Lord.
And all of a sudden I felt so much better about being in a job that has no meaning and doing mundane tasks there. I felt like I had purpose once again, but that I will just have to wait awhile to see it come to fruition.

And we also ate at Jimmy Johns!

1 comment: