Tuesday, March 1, 2011

#12: "Borrowing" the car

So here's the deal with the car (my friend Jenna always gets a kick out of this):

Once upon a time ago, this was my car. And then I ran into some financial difficulties and couldn't really afford it anymore. I talked my dad into taking it off my hands for me, but (and here's the kicker) I kept driving it! Basically, I asked my dad to take over the car payments while I kept the car.
That worked for a time. Eventually I got married and moved to Quincy with the hubs, and my dad got the car. For real.
Anyway, I frequently borrow the car. By borrow, I mean I use it for several weeks and then give it back to my dad. I told him once that my friends always make fun of me because I gave my dad my car, but really just gave him the car payments. He said "Oh, so your friends are making fun of ME?". Well...if you put it that way.
So...here's the car...in my driveway. I'm "borrowing" it again. I've had it for almost 2 weeks now. It has been really nice to have two cars lately, especially since Phil and I work opposite schedules.
So thanks dad, for letting me borrow the car....again!

No comments:

Post a Comment