Saturday, March 19, 2011

#29: The Radical Question

I really couldn't think of anything exciting to take a picture of today. But I did read this book tonight after I got off of work. I'm not sure if this was just a really short book, or maybe I got a shortened version or something, but it took me about 15 minutes to read it. And I didn't skip any pages! Strange.

Anyway, it was a good enough read. Nothing that I have never heard or thought of myself. I mean, we get this sermon every couple of months. I think about this myself when I go on a mission trip. It just seems like common sense to me:

We need to give up everything to follow Christ- just like they did in the Bible, just like they do in other countries/cultures. We need to stop molding Jesus into this American Christian just because it feels comfortable to us. Yes, I get that. I know this. Thank you.

It wasn't, by any means, an eye opener for me. But it did urge me to pray for those in other countries who are being persecuted for their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment