Friday, March 25, 2011

#35: Locked Sim Card- The icing on the cake for a Bad day!

Today was a terrible day! But, it was also very funny. Let me just do a little recap:

I had to open the store today. No big deal, right? Well, that's what I thought. It's a Friday, so I needed to go to the bank and make a deposit as well as get a change order. The deposit was fine. It was the change order that I couldn't seem to figure out. Unfortunately for me, I didn't realize it until I was already at the bank.
In my mind it must have been a Monday, because I was making all kinds of silly mistakes.
I wrote that I needed $40's worth of $50's. Yeah, that makes no sense. I meant $5's, not $50's. I wrote that I needed $50 worth of those one dollar coins instead of one dollar bills. All of those mistakes were fixed by the poor teller. I also wrote on the change order that I needed $10 worth of nickels, when I really needed dimes. So, instead of getting 2 rolls of dimes, I got tons of rolls of nickels that I didn't even need. I decided to not tell her about that mistake because I already felt so stupid.

Anyway, I borrowed my brothers car today and I had totally forgotten about it's little quirks. One such quirk is that the window won't roll down all the way- only about a quarter of the way. So, I couldn't go through the drive thru (which ended up being a good thing since I made so many mistakes on the change order). But the window also doesn't roll back up once it's rolled down. And it was snowing! Eventually the window will roll back up, but it takes about 10 minutes. It's ridiculous!

I realized at the end of my shift that I had been wearing my sweater buttoned wrong all day. It was totally lopsided and I never even noticed.

And then the icing on the cake: I was trying to figure out the 4-digit password on my phone. Well apparently you only get 3 tries to get it right. After that the phone locks up- which is what happened. I could not do anything on my phone accept make SOS calls (emergency calls) until I put in the PUK code. And you only get 10 tries to put in the PUK code before your sim card becomes deactivated and you have to get a whole new one. I was smart enough not to try the PUK code.
But then I was left with no phone to call customer service. I waited until I got home, and then I texted my dad through my email. He called customer service for me and figured it all out! Wow!
It was one crazy day! It was all just so very funny and amusing to me :-) But quite a nuisance!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Hope the rest is better. And I've done the lopsided sweater thing before--easy to do!

    ReplyDelete