Thursday, March 10, 2011

#21: Phil's Birthday Gift to Me

I finally got a kindle!

Well, I guess technically it is Phil's. After all, I did get it for him for his birthday. What a crazy man I am married to! All he kept saying he wanted for his birthday was a kindle. I knew he didn't really want one. I'M the one that wants a kindle. But no, he just kept saying that's all he wanted.
I knew what he was up to from the very beginning. He wanted me to buy something for myself.
Here's something I have learned about Phil: He's not really into the birthday thing. It's kinda ironic, because I like to go overboard on birthdays. I think that birthdays are special and very important. It's the one day when you get to celebrate one specific person and cherish them and love on them and show them how much they mean to you. I love birthdays! And I love getting to do awesome things for people on their birthdays.
My dear old hubby likes to make things difficult for me though. So, this year I gave in. I bought myself something for his birthday. And boy was I excited!!

I did buy some stuff for him too. But they were practical things. Guys and their practical things! He wanted those comfy things for his shoes (whatever the heck they are called) and new hair clippers.
Of course, his birthday isn't until Monday the 14th. I just got too excited about the kindle to wait any longer and I made him open them a few days early.

So maybe I'll plan something special. We are both off on Tuesday and I plan on having a great date planned for me and birthday boy!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of you giving your dad your car payments. also, my interview is at 2...so if its over at a reasonable time I'm coming to see you. I don't care that you have to work at 4:30. Unless it's 4 when I get out of my interview. That might be kind of pointless.

    ReplyDelete