Thursday, August 18, 2011

#185: Driving on a flat


Car update: Phil took the battery to wherever men take car batteries and was told that it was completely dead. Yay! We were hoping it was the battery and not something that was terribly expensive. He bought a new battery, put it in, and VOILA! The car works now.

Now for the tire that keeps going flat....

Phil took my dad's car to work, and I took our car for new tires. Of course, I had to put air in it before I got there. Anyway, I told the guy that we needed 2 new back tires. He said it would take about 45 minutes to an hour and that I could go shop if I needed (I was in Walmart). I needed to shop. Well, about 15 minutes later I got a page.
When I went back there the guy said "Your tires are brand new."
Huh?
That can't be.
I told him that the rear driver side tire always goes flat and that we have to fill it up almost every day. Then he found the culprit. A nail.
So instead of paying over a hundred dollars for new tires, we only paid $10 for them to repair our tire.

Praise the Lord! Seriously. God is so good. Our car problem was only a battery, and our tire problem was only a nail. We have almost a brand new car for about $114. That's way better than the alternative!

Thank you Lord for providing yet again!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! But how could he miss a nail in your tire?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think he missed. He just wasn't looking for it. I just told them that we needed 2 new back tires. So they were doing just that.

    Then when I told them that one was going flat, he immediately saw the nail.

    haha. I know nothing about cars...or tires.

    ReplyDelete