Monday, August 15, 2011

#182: Crockpot dinner- Chicken....


So today I through stuff in the crockpot so we would have food ready when we got home from work (which is usually about 10:30 or so). I don't typically eat that late, but...well, ya gotta switch things up every now and then.
When I got home though, it didn't look so great. I was actually nervous to try it. However, this chicken recipe totally blew my mind! It was amazing. I even had seconds, even though I wasn't hungry (another thing I don't typically do).

Making up recipes doesn't usually pan out for me, but this time it totally did!

Recipe:

 * 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
 * 1 green pepper (chopped)
 * Half a small bag of baby carrots (cut into smaller pieces)
 * 1 small onion (chopped)
 * 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (and then add a can of water)
 * 1/4 cup of Sherry wine syrup

Cut chicken into pieces, then throw into skillet to cook a little. Add season to taste (I used salt and pepper, garlic salt, italian seasoning, oregano and celery salt).
Add chicken to crock pot, add soup and water, then add remaining ingredients. Stir until not watery and everything is mixed.
Cook on High for 6 hours (actually, I think it could be less, but we had to go to work).

I will definitely make this again. Only...I think I will add biscuits or some kind of crust. It's almost like a pot pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment