Saturday, August 6, 2011

#164: A wedding and a friend


Today my good friend Katie Bass got married. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of the wedding. What's wrong with me?!
It was a great wedding, as all weddings typically are. I just love going to my friend's weddings. It's so much fun, and I just love being a part of something so wonderful and amazing. I always feel the need to pray fervently for the couples getting married. Having been married now for a little over a year, and also seeing one too many failed marriages, I know how hard marriage can really be. Wedding days are so full of happiness and bliss. People rarely think about what's to come. But I always do. And so I pray. I pray that their love for God and their love for one another will sustain them for a life time. I pray that they choose to love each other every single day, even when they don't feel like and when they desperately don't want to.
Marriage can be so hard. But it can also be so amazing!

Anyway, after the wedding, my real life missionary friend came over and we had a great day of laughs and jokes and serious chats. It was wonderful. Just what my heart needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment