Saturday, August 27, 2011

#194: I will never again take a washer and dryer for granted!

Today I did my laundry by hand. I figured that it would be much cheaper than going to the laundromat and better than wasting the gas to go to someone's house to do it. I mean...what did people do before there were washers and dryers? They washed things by hand!

Well let me tell you, this is no easy task! Not only is it back breaking work to bend over and literally scrub every article of clothing, it is ridiculously time consuming. I spent my entire day doing laundry. And then I had to figure out where to put it all. Apparently the shower rod won't hold 2 loads of sopping wet clothes. I did find a piece of wood out in the hall though, and made a make shift clothes drying hangy thing.

I have yet to decide if this will be a regular thing, or if it was just one of those things you think is a good idea, and then after tying it once you decide to NEVER do it again.





No comments:

Post a Comment