Tuesday, May 10, 2011

#81: Internet




So, Phil and I ran out of luck. We had gotten free internet since we moved into our apartment last July. Well, last month one of our neighbors moved out and with him, the free internet. After about 3 weeks of no internet, we decided that it was in our best interest to just purchase it ourselves.

At first we went with the cheapest option, Xanadoo. But, after we received it in the mail, we realized our mistake. We just couldn't get a good signal. When I called the company, the guy told me I needed to put the modem in the window at put it up as high as I could. I informed him that it was impossible to put it up high because it had to be plugged in. He said I should try every window in the house, to see if the signal got any better. Well it's a small apartment. We have like 3 windows and they're all in the same place.

Needless to say, we sent it back.

We decided that if we really wanted a good connection, we'd have to go a little more expensive. We chose Comcast. I was secretly hoping we'd have to get cable as well. I really wanted to be able to watch HGTV! But no, they offer wireless service without cable or phone.

So no we have our very own internet! It is nice to be able to have internet a home again. Not to mention Netflix, which we had been unable to watch for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment