Sunday, May 29, 2011

#100: One year old cake

A strange tradition. Apparently people freeze the top layer of the their cake until their one year anniversary. And then they are supposed to eat it. What?!
Well, our cake has been in my dad's freezer since Phil and I tied the knot a year ago. How gross!
Today we went over there for a Memorial Day cookout and my dad insisted we take our cake- seeing that our anniversary was last week.
I thawed the thing out and nervously opened the box. I don't know what I was expecting. Maybe some psychotic freezer creature about to jump out at me? Maybe a molded cake covered in maggots? I don't know. But I was nervous and grossed out.
When I opened the box though, I was pleasantly surprised. It looked like regular cake! Minus the top of it looked a little melted and strange. And then I got brave and actually tasted it. Mmmm! It was still really good!
I never thought I'd like one year old cake, but in fact, I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment