Monday, May 7, 2012

38 weeks...

I've been getting those lovely comments from people lately:

-"You're STILL pregnant?!"
-"Oh my gosh, you're HUGE!"
-"How many are in there?!"

How fun.

But, in all reality, that's exactly how I feel every day too. This last week has been especially difficult. Perhaps it's the heat. I don't know. But I have just been so miserable. I tried all of the things on my list to induce labor, and even some not on my list.
(And a side note: The super moon did nothing for me!)
And, obviously, nothing has worked.

I have been frustrated and miserable and hot and uncomfortable. I just want this baby outta me!

And then yesterday I really thought about it. I'm creating a little person. And ya know what? I'm gonna miss her being in my belly. I'm going to miss feeling her move around, and I'm going to miss watching my belly grow as she grows. And I'm going to miss those cute little baby hiccups that I can see and feel from the outside.

And I may not be getting much sleep now because I'm so uncomfortable, but at least I can stay in  bed all day right now if I want to. And I can run to the store real fast if need be. I can still hang out with my friends whenever I want, and I still have quite a bit of freedom to do whatever it is that I want to do, when I want to do it.
And all of that will only last for the next two weeks (or so).

And so I've resolved myself to be patient and content until Jaelyn is ready to come out. Of course...my patience is limited until the 25th. After that, I will be miserable and grumpy and demand that she make her debut :-)


Oh my gosh...I cannot believe we are in our last few weeks of this, and soon I will be holding my daughter. What an amazing thought!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment