Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Day Overdue

It's a strange thing to watch your due date come and go. Mixed emotions for sure. Oddly enough though, I have been quite patient and content these last few days. Friday I had one of those crazy "nesting" days. Seriously, I was a bit insane. I cleaned the house, and then went on a mini shopping spree. I stocked up on different types of foods I could cook and freeze. Mostly breakfast foods.
Then I spent several hours cooking and baking. Phil was slightly annoyed for a few reasons. First of all, it made the house a little heat box. It was so hot, in fact, that he actually turned the air on. Shocker!
Secondly, he was annoyed that I wouldn't let him eat any of it. I guess, to him, it didn't make sense that I was cooking so much and freezing it all, and wouldn't let him have even one little thing. I know he snuck a muffin when I wasn't looking though!


 I made 3 dozen muffins!

 I made one dozen breakfast burritos!!



 I made one dozen bacon, egg and cheese english muffins!!




All packaged up and in the freezer! 
(And Phil still doesn't understand why he has to wait until the baby is born before he gets any. All he knows is that I'm pregnant and hormonal, and this is serious!)


But now, my nesting fever has subsided. Well, I take that back. I've been rearranging furniture like a crazy person. I even bought a new shelf, thinking that we needed the extra storage in our room. I guess, maybe I just wish that this nesting instinct will pass. Then maybe I'll get a baby!

Up until last night, I really haven't experienced any braxton hicks contractions. Nothing very noticeable anyway. But last night! I was having terrible lower abdominal cramps, and some pretty serious contractions. Phil was convinced the baby was about to pop out at any second. I tried telling him it wasn't time, but he had his mind made up. Eventually though, he calmed down (after packing up some stuff and moving everything to the front door), and went to bed. 
I stayed up for hours, wondering if perhaps it was the real deal after all. Eventually though, the contractions subsided. False hope. But at least something is happening. So that is something to be excited about.

I  have a doctor's appt on Thursday. We will get an ultrasound to check on the baby and the quality of my placenta. Apparently it can start to go "bad"? My doctor said if she isn't here by Thursday, she will schedule me to be induced on Monday, the 28th. Depending on the results of the ultrasound, I may just tell her no. I don't wan to be induced. Even if that means waiting another week (I say that now...).

But we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment