Thursday, May 17, 2012

Nearing the 40 week mark...

I am just a few short days shy of being 40 weeks pregnant, and I must say that I am growing increasingly impatient. Oh, who am I kidding?! I've been impatient from the get-go.

Here's my dilemma, and why I'm so eager to not go overdue: Phil and I are supposed to go to Pioneer Missions Institute with PBT the second week in June. It's required, and they only do it once a year. If Jaelyn is late, we won't be able to go. And...as I've mentioned previously about my problem with impatience...I don't want to wait another YEAR.

Of course, I know that this is all in God's timing. Obviously He is the one in control. Sometimes though, I just wish my timing and God's timing were the same.
Then again, I'm more than aware that His plans are ALWAYS better than my own. So perhaps I will just sit back and relax these next few days (or weeks?) and wait on God's timing.

Also, I ran across this article as I was desperately searching for natural ways to induce labor. Seems rather fitting.




(http://www.webmd.com/baby/inducing-labor-naturally-can-it-be-done?page=3)


As the due date approaches, many couples are eager for labor to begin so they can finally meet their baby.


"What is not comprehended is how overwhelming and difficult labor and delivery can be," Stein says, "and how tired one newborn can make you." She recommends saving your energy, rather than wearing yourself out with schemes for starting labor sooner.


So stop surfing the Web and get some sleep while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment