Thursday, May 24, 2012

Yes, we are still pregnant...

It's funny how people start eyeing you like a ticking time bomb when you're several days past your due date. A due date is not the same as an expiration date! I'm  not gonna spoil like milk, or explode at any given moment.
It's hard to explain to others, and really even to myself, that the due date is just an educated guess, and really the baby can come 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after.
But of course, we all circle the expected due date in red on the calendar, and wait in eager anticipation for that specific day. And even though we tell ourselves it's only a prediction, and it's likely not to happen then, we still get our hopes up for that day.

And then that day comes and goes. And the next day comes and goes. And the next...

I know it's only 3 days past that day for me, but I'm starting to feel at my wits end. And I could have another week to go. That thought makes me furious! Crazy hormones!
And it's always lovely to get those comments from well meaning friends and family, or just those people that think they are being funny.
-"Have you had that baby yet?"
-"What, have you been pregnant for like a year now?"
-"You're STILL pregnant?!"
-"You look like you're gonna pop at any minute"
-"Are you SURE there aren't two in there...?"
-"I'm ready for you to have that baby."
Oh really?! YOU are ready for me to have this baby? Try carrying this chunker around day after day!

Today we had a dr appt, complete with a sonogram. The baby is looking good. She tried to get some nice pictures, but we have a pretty stubborn child in there. She turned away right as she was taking the picture, and decided not to cooperate.
Everything looks good though, and Jaelyn is super healthy, if a bit on the chubby side. I was told she weighs about 8 lbs 6 oz already. Although, I have some serious doubts about that educated guess. My friend was told her baby was over 9 lbs, and when he was born he was only a bit over 7 lbs. So we shall see.

If she doesn't make her debut on her own, we are scheduled for an induction on Tuesday the 29th. I'm less than thrilled about that. I really want to avoid being induced at all costs. Though, I'm sure by that time, I'll be ready to do anything to get her out.

I think some natural labor inducing methods are in order here! And hopefully, prayerfully, something is successful in coaxing this stubborn child out of me.


She looks so squished and uncomfortable in there (you and me both, Jaelyn. You and me both)

No comments:

Post a Comment