Thursday, July 28, 2011

#155: 12 Hour shift in Retail

Today I worked 12 hours in one tiny little store in the Mall. It was horrendous. It was boring and awful, and my feet hurt so bad. By the end of hour 8, I was ready to curl up in a ball on the floor behind the registers. I needed a break. And  break is what I got! A break in my mental state.

A 12 hour day in retail does something to a person. Not a good something. Not a fun something. A very terrible something. It makes an individual lose a tiny grip of reality. Things that aren't even nearly funny become hysterical. Customers begin to look like aliens, and you need to treat them as such (hiding from them, throwing objects at them to scare them off, etc). And you begin to think it's normal to try on every piece of clothing....at the same time!

Okay maybe not seriously. But those thoughts did cross my mind. And I'm pretty sure that I did laugh hysterically a few times and things that weren't quite humorous.
I hate working 12 hours in retail. It is so boring and life-draining.

 This is what happens when they leave me alone in that place....

No comments:

Post a Comment