Friday, July 22, 2011

#149: Am I still a thief if I steal something I don't even like?


Tonight I accidentally stole a necklace from work. Usually when I go to work I will pick out a necklace to wear, but I always take it off before I leave. Tonight I forgot.
As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I saw it dangling around my neck. I texted the other manager that closed with me and told her I stole it. She called me a thief and I wondered if I'm still a thief if I steal something I don't even like. She said yes.
Since I don't work until the end of next week, she agreed to meet me and take the necklace back to work the next day.

We met in an abandoned parking lot and it felt like we were doing some kind of illegal smuggling or something. I made sure to tell her that she was now the thief and I was guilt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment