Thursday, July 21, 2011

#148: The joys of retail.


Sometimes working with the public can be quite entertaining. It can be pretty frustrating and annoying at times too, but there is never a dull day, even in retail. People are crazy and rude and bizarre.
Today this older lady wheeled her self into the store and proceeded to ask me a million questions all the while ignoring all of my answers. At one point in this annoying a vicious cycle of asking questions and ignoring them, the lady decided she wanted to try on a belt. In order to do so she needed to unload ALL of the bags and other items that were on her lap. One such item was this glass ball. As she picked it up off her lap she said "I don't even know what this is. I think I took it from Sears". She just shrugged and set it on our jewelry table, and said "I don't know what to do with it now."
I said "You could take it back to Sears"

Old lady: "No, I don't want to go  back there".

Me: "Well, you could take it home and use it as a decoration or something."

Old Lady: "It will look better here."

In the end the lady didn't not buy the one item she finally decided she liked. And the glass ball...well she did leave it on the jewelry table.

The joys of retail.

No comments:

Post a Comment