Thursday, February 24, 2011

#7: First day of work

 Today was my first day at my new job. I am an assistant manager at Christopher and Banks (in the mall). It's a pretty sweet gig, if you ask me. It's only part time, so not too many hours a week. Something I can handle, considering my desire to do the 'housewife' thing. Plus it's an assistant manager position, so I get paid more! Can't beat that.
Today, however, I learned a very hard lesson. Shoes matter! I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking this morning when I left the house. I've had jobs where I've been on my feet all day. Working in a hospital is proof enough that shoes matter. But for some reason, I thought it would be okay to wear heels to work.
For one thing, anyone that knows me understands that me and heels do not go together. I'm uncoordinated a lot of the time. I lose my balance a lot in heels. It's quite comical.
Anyway, lesson learned. My feet hurt so bad! But I sure looked cute and professional today!

The Cookie Factory is where I ate my lunch today. It was okay. Mostly I was excited to sit down for awhile. Turns out, you can bring your own cup and they will fill it for 50 cents. How fun!

2 comments: