Wednesday, February 23, 2011

#6: 7 Things He'll Never Tell You

I finally finished a marriage book! I made a list of goals that I wanted to accomplish before I turned 26. Reading at least 5 marriage books was one of them. I have started about 4, but I had yet to finish any of them. Until today. 
This book by Kevin Leman is...well, it wasn't my favorite book out there. A lot of the time I felt like he was making excuses for men to act like jerks and to be insensitive. But for the most part, the book had some really good insight. And I can honestly say that I learned quite a bit about being a better wife. There are a lot of good points in this book that I will incorporate into my marriage.
However, I will still probably ask and insist that my husband comes with me to things that he doesn't really want to go with me to. And in that case, Kevin Leman, I will say that he is honoring me as his wife  by supporting me in what I want and need. We need a little give and take here (if you're confused, you'll have to read the book. Chapter 6).
Anyway, if you're interested in gaining a little insight into your hubby (and the little boy that he still is), go ahead and read the book. There are some really great things in there. But if you're anything like me, be prepared to argue with Dr. Leman on one or two points (out loud worked well for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment