Thursday, September 8, 2011

#206: What to do with my free time...

Today I was told not to come to work. Something about payroll needing to be cut (which Phil insists is just one of their tricky techniques of cutting my hours before they let me go. Business men.).

Needless to say, I was quite ecstatic. A day to myself?! Don't mind if I do!

I took this opportunity to do a little cooking. Phil doesn't like pasta, so I can never make it for us. But Phil is not home today, and I want pasta! So pasta it is!
Of course, pasta didn't take up my entire day. I also indulged in one of my favorite tv shows, listened to some music and danced around the apartment, spied on the new neighbors moving in, washed some dishes, obsessed over my fertility chart online (maybe a post to come at a later date explaining that one...), and laid around in bed. It has been a fabulous surprise day at home!!

Oh, and here is my pasta!
 Yummy vegetables I got from my mom's garden (yes, she gave them to me!)

 A watched pot never boils (actually, it's already boiling. Hence the noodles being in there)

 Pasta sauce with veggies

The end result! Just as fabulous as I thought it would be ;-)
(You're totally missing out, Phil!)

1 comment: