Monday, September 19, 2011

#217: Hudson Taylor


I have been reading the autobiography of Hudson Taylor. It is such an amazing story. His faith and his love for God and the Chinese people is just phenomenal. He had such faith that the Lord would provide for him every step of the way. And He did. In everything, God provided for him. Even when it seemed like his prayers weren't being answered and the Lord was not answering his desperate pleas for help, God had a plan for Hudson Taylor. It usually works that way though. How we think God should do it is not usually how God does it. He knows what He's doing. We just have to follow Him and have faith that He will not abandon us. Because He never does.

1 comment:

  1. I have a book about Hudson Taylor, actually I think I have more than one. I remember reading a lot about him while I was on my internship. It was really cool to meet missionaries who were descendants of Hudson Taylor and think about the legacy he left!

    ReplyDelete