Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stinkin Timeline


Today I got on facebook only to discover that I now have Timeline. It's annoying to me because I have worked so hard NOT to get it. I even avoided signing up to get Pinterest because I knew that it caused facebook to turn to Timeline. And then, Pinterest allowed membership with your email, and I was happy with myself for waiting it out. But now... stinkin timeline found me!

On the bright side though, I found this old "note" I had written back in 2008, and it totally cracked me up. Who knew I was so weird?!

What I did today:

I started my morning off right: I got myself a fresh cup of coffee and some cookie crisp cereal and I chatted with my dad. We contemplated skipping out on what we needed to do for the day (school for me and work for my dad), but reluctantly we decided to wait for a different day. I got ready for school by doing my usual routine: sang to the radio, had a conversation with the people on the radio (even though they never respond back to me), gulped down more coffee and just basically meandered through the house, thinking of different excuses for skipping class.
Then I drove to school, had even more coffee (I brought my little travel mug) and promptly waltzed into class five minutes late (it’s okay… we all do it, even the professor). Then I doodled on my pages, sent several picture texts to different people expressing my boredom and exasperation for being there, made up some answers for my lab report and headed home (I actually think that I left class early today… on accident of course. We might not have been all the way done; it might have just been a short break…). 
Then I came home and got on the computer. I figured that somebody must have sent me an email or something while I was gone for that short period of time. Checking my mail is always the highlight of my day. Unless, of course, it’s just stupid spam that somehow sneaks into my inbox instead of going straight to the spam box. I hate when that happens. When I was done checking my mail and facebook (of course facebook), I used the awesome “stumble upon” button and browsed various websites. Then I just googled some random things like “cheeseburger kitten” and “becoming a vegetarian”. I got on the postsecret website, but was bummed cause I’d already read those ones and decided to play a rousing game of Spider Solitaire. I love that game! But all that got boring really fast. So, I spun around in my computer chair until I nearly fell over and cracked my head on the desk. Lying on the bed seemed like the most logical thing to do next, especially since my head was spinning and I felt like I was going to throw up.
And that… yes, that is what I spend my days doing. Sometimes in different orders though, and sometimes I do a little homework in between (and I don't normally take the chair for a spin, that was totally spontaneous!). But that’s basically it.

I need to get out more…

And this picture justs cracks me up...

1 comment: