Monday, August 13, 2012

Date Night and a Poop Story

After nearly 3 months, Phil and I finally had a date night. It's my fault it's been so long. I just can't imagine leaving my little baby. Also, she's very temperamental at times, and I get nervous for other people to watch her. For their own sake, not necessarily hers.

Okay, truthfully...I'm a new mom. And I don't trust other people to take care of her as well as I do. There, I said it.

But then I got this great idea! Jaelyn goes to bed at 7, and almost always sleeps until at least 11 before she wakes up to eat. So, I decided that the best plan would be for someone to come over when she goes to bed.
I coaxed my little brother (the 19 year old, not the 2 year old...) to do it, and he agreed as long as she stayed asleep. Uhhh, okay.
I definitely sounded like a new mom as I rattled off detailed plans of action should ANY possible situation occur.
As Phil was pulling me out the door, I yelled one last "Call if anything happens. Or if anything doesn't happen!". And we were off to the place where they grow the olives.

We decided we wouldn't talk about the baby, that we would focus on ourselves. 5 minutes into our date we were discussing Jaelyn's poop habits. Only parents, right?

The date was fun. It was nice to get away with just Phil and not have to worry about a fussy baby or anything like that. But after dinner we decided to head home. Turns out, we are old parents now. We get tired around 8pm and we take joy in our sleep. After all, as the old (and very annoying) saying goes we must "Sleep when the baby sleeps".

That was date night. Not the poop story. Here is the poop story:

J hadn't pooped in 10 days. I finally called the doctor and she suggested coming in for a check up. After examining her the doctor determined that she is still very healthy, but for whatever reason she is holding in her poop. Huh? Can babies even do that? Apparently this one can. Like I said...she's advanced!
We took her home and gave her a baby suppository. No fun. But she took it like a trooper!

The Dr said that she should poop within 1-2 hours, and to call after 2 hours to update her. Well, 2 hours came and went and still no sign of poops. I called and talked to the nurse. She said to call back tomorrow and give an update and we would take it from there.
As soon as I got off the phone I went to change Jaelyn's diaper because it was wet. AS SOON AS I took off her diaper she had a massive poop explosion! MASSIVE!
I think she did it on purpose. She waited until her prime opportunity and then just let it all out. Master plan? I think so. It was her plan for the last ten days.

I've got a tricky one on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment