Thursday, October 6, 2011

#230: Seriously? A bed and breakfast?!

When we arrived in Delhi it was late and we were all totally exhausted. Of course, we were extremely excited to finally be there. One of my favorite parts of any trip to a different country is that first experience there. It's so interesting to see the sights and smell the air (although, sometimes the air doesn't smell that great), and get a feel for how the driving is.
In India...the driving is insane! Now I've been to many places where I literally feared for my life in vehicles. But India is in a totally different ball game. Nobody stays in the lanes. In fact, I'm not entirely sure why they have lanes. They honk their horns to let you know they are coming around, or to let you know you need to move over, or for whatever reason they want. Oh, and driving in the lane with on coming traffic isn't weird at all! Terrifying for us foreigners maybe, but definitely not weird.
So that first night in India was definitely exciting!
And then we arrived at our final destination. From the outside (in front of the huge gate) the area looked a bit run down. But soon we would realize that that's just how it was. On the outside it looked a bit shady. But on the inside....oh boy!
Our first night we stayed in a lovely bed and breakfast! It was amazing! A huge king sized bed, our own nice bathroom...it was like being on vacation.

Also, that first night is when I started to get sick. A little cold sore would be just the beginning of my illnesses in India


Oh, I had forgotten to take any pictures of this place. But luckily I found their website online. They are pretty famous, actually! Even won some type of trophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment