Sunday, November 6, 2011

Recap of my 25th Year

It is time for a recap of my 25th year. Mainly, an evaluation of the goals that I had set for myself. Let's begin

1. Stay at this job for one year: Technically, no, I did not stay at that job for one year. About a month is all I lasted. However, I have now had my current job for 9 months now. So, I am going to consider this a win!

2. Go on a mission trip in the summer: Well, we didn't technically go on a mission trip this summer. But we did attend a missions "thing" in Dallas. Also, we did go on a mission trip in the Fall. So this is another win, in my book!

3. Go back to school- or figure out what I want to do with my life: Nope, no school for me. And the only thing I've really figured out is that I want to be a wife and a mother. I've known this all along. I think it's the most important thing. And right now, I could really careless about a job/career anyway.

4. Find a mentor: Yes, I sort of did this. The missions director at our church is my so-called "mentor". We don't really use that title though. And we haven't really gotten together a whole lot. But we did travel all the way to India together, and I love her dearly. So hopefully this will turn into something mentor-ish. If not...I'm still looking. So this is a halfsy.

5. Exercise 3-4 times a week: Epic fail!

6. Weekly prayer/worship time- alone: I'm going to have to say that I have failed this one as well. There are times when I actually do this, but it is few and far between.

7. Be involved in an activity (outside of home): This, I am happy to report, has been done. I am currently on the missions team at Church, and I am involved in small group as well. Other than that though, no other activities for me right now.

8. Find a ministry-get involved: Oh. I suppose that means number 7 was a fail then too. Because both of those I listed are technically ministries. Hmmm....

9. Walk to work twice a week: FAIL! Well, right now it would be a little difficult to walk to work, considering it's about 40ish miles away.

10. Go on vacation with Phil: This we sort of did. I considered our trip to Dallas a mini vacation for us. We left a day early and stayed an extra night, and it was a very fun roadtrip! We also went to Six Flags, and that's definitely vacation-y.

11. Learn to read Spanish: This still has not happened. I pretty much gave up the day after I started. Unfortunately. But I still plan on doing this at some point. I mean...what'd I buy those Spanish books for, if not to read them?

12. Weekly planned date night with Phil (in or out of the house): Well, we have a routine when we get home from work, which is sort of like a date. I guess. There is food and a movie or tv show involved.
Okay, I guess not. We sort of lost touch with this one. Unfortunately. Gotta get back to this!

13. Be a member at RCC: DONE!

14. Sponsor a missionary: I have not done this. Well, not financially anyway.

15. Write a book (or...at least seriously start it): Okay,w ell this is a sort of win lose one. I did actually start it. And then the computer crashed without me backing up my stuff. So...I lost it all. And then I got bummed out about that, and never started again.

16. Read the Bible Daily: Okay let's face it, I'm a loser. I can't even read the Bible Daily. What a simple goal. I fail.

17. Memorize weekly bible verses: I did this...for a few weeks. Maybe 3. Then I quit.

18. Learn to Play the guitar: Nope. Still collecting dust in the corner.

19. Go  back to my blonde hair: Woohoo! I did this one!

20. Scrapbook my pictures: I have yet to do this. Well, it first started off that I needed the scrapbook stuff. And then I bought all that. But then I didn't have any pictures. Finally I purchased some of them. And then...well then I just ran out of excuses and shoved all the stuff in the corner....next to the guitar.

21. Don't get pregnant: Well, this did and didn't happen. But in the end...it really did happen, again. Currently I am 13 weeks pregnant. But I consider this an epic WIN! I love this baby already!

22. Read marriage books (at least 5): Well, I did read some marriage books. I don't know that I actually read any in their entirety though. So...this too is a fail.

23. Lose 20lbs: Well this didn't happen. And I'm sure over the next year I will gain lots of weight. Though hopefully not too much weight. On a happy note, I have yet to gain any weight so far this pregnancy!

24. Blog often (at least once a month): Well this one I can proudly say I have accomplished. Because of this picture blog I am (begrudgingly) doing, I have been blogging quite regularly.

25. Start writing poems again: I did write one poem. I guess that's a fail too then. Drat!

All in all, I have 17 losses and 8 wins. Not bad, I suppose!

Who am I kidding?! 17 losses?! That's terrible. But, ya know what, this has taught me a lesson. I really did set some unrealistic goals for myself. Goals that I definitely wanted to accomplish, but goals that were still very unrealistic in attaining...for myself.

I am revising my list for my 26th year. And I can guarantee there will not be 26 goals! Maybe 5, at the most.

1 comment: