Monday, May 4, 2009

Crossing the Finish Line...

This is it. My last week as an intern. I couldn't be more excited about being done. Mainly because this is the last hurtle before I graduate. I'm also excited about being done because... well quite frankly this hasn't been an easy semester. The internship itself hasn't really been hard and it hasn't really even been challenging. I just how up and do what needs to be done, no big deal. It's really everything else going on in my life right now that has made this semester so difficult for me.

The truth of the matter is, I have been really hurt. And because of that, I have just sort of shut down all semester long. I just kind of tucked my emotions away and pretended that everything was okay. On the outside all has appeared neat and calm and okay. But on the inside... everything is in chaos and turmoil. I'm broken. I took out my inward frustrations and hurts on this internship. I blamed the internship for the way that I was feeling. I thought that it was just being here that made me feel the way that I did. I thought that maybe if I were in Africa still everything would be better. But the truth is that everything wouldn't be better. It would be different, yeah. I wouldn't have to face the realities of what's going on around me, I wouldn't have to be in the middle of it and see the hurt and heartache. At least right now anyway. But if I were in Africa still, I would be coming home in a few days and then I would have to face it all.

Anyway, all of this is just to say that my internship is over in 4 more days and I feel like I haven't grown any. I feel like I've been set back and that I'm more lost and broken than when I first began. I thought these experiences were supposed to make us grow?

Moving On...

Graduation is in 2 short weeks! I'm excited, but I'm also getting a little nervous because I have no idea what I'm going to do now that school is done. I haven't been able to find a job yet. And quite frankly, I'm beginning to get desperate enough to take the first thing that's hiring.
On a more exciting note... my Roommate from college is coming back from Thailand tomorrow and we will be living together once again! I'm so stoked... I about can't stand it.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to be back!

    And ya know, sometimes God has to make us broken before him before we can change. So maybe a big change is right on the horizon...and you don't even know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You're awesome. I knew I kept you around for a reason!

    ReplyDelete