Friday, May 29, 2009

In a rut

Lately I've just been feeling so blah. I don't even know how to describe it. "Blah" is the only thing that I could come up with. I just feel like I'm not doing anything with my life, nothing that really matters or means anything. Nothing that I even want to do.
I'm working at an assisted living facility in Bloomington. It's not a bad job, and it pays pretty decent. But that's not at all what I want to do. I haven't gotten the job at Contact Ministries yet. The position was through AmeriCorp and they wanted me to work full time. But since I already work nights in Bloomington, that just wouldn't be possible. But I guess they are trying to figure out a way that I can work part time. I don't know... I was confused by what was going on and all the emails back and forth. Communication between me, AmeriCorp and Contact hasn't been one of our strong points. So we'll see what happens.

I feel like I am just stuck in some kind of rut. I'm not at all looking forward to this summer. I will just be working two jobs and living in Lincoln. This may come as a surprise to some people, but Lincoln isn't all that exciting. I wish I had the money to go on a Mission trip. I'd love to go back to Kenya or Peru. Or wherever. Any place but here.

I suppose I'll just have to make the best of the situation I'm in. I am working and making money. So maybe I'll be able to save up enough to go on a Mission trip in several months. In the meantime... who knows what.

No comments:

Post a Comment