Sunday, July 22, 2012

Like Mother Like Daughter

 My mom always told me that I was born with an attitude. From the minute I came out, I had a scowl on my face. That is exactly how Jaelyn is. She can look like she has such an attitude problem at times. Is attitude hereditary?!




I was holding Jaelyn's tiny baby feet today, and I thought "How could these cute little toes be any cuter?!"
It was, at first, a rhetorical question. Obviously her toes just couldn't get any cuter!
Then I chuckled out loud (literally out loud) when I thought about painting her baby toe nails.
And then that silly thought turned into something that I just couldn't resist doing.

And ta da!!



Since I found out I was having a girl, I kept saying that she wasn't going to be a girly girl, that I wasn't going to put her in dresses or put those silly bow headbands in her hair.
But as I look at her cute little face and her adorable little baby body, the urge to dress her up is just too overwhelming. I find myself looking at hair "things" for her when I'm at the store, dressing her up in cutesy dresses and...obviously now painting her toenails hot pink.
What has happened to me?!

I still can't do the frilly things. Frilly dresses and anything of the sort just makes me cringe. And although I do like to put those silly headband things in her hair now, I still haven't been able to put those giant flowers in her hair. Please Lord, don't let it come to that!!

 Baby headband!


Cute little baby dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment