Thursday, June 21, 2012

3 Weeks

It has been 3 weeks since I've given birth, and I must say, it's getting surprisingly easier. It's like, as soon as I hit the three week mark, I finally got the hang of it. We sort of have a routine now. Things aren't as unpredictable as they were in the very beginning. I'm actually starting to get to know my baby.
It's quite exciting. But more than that, it's comforting and encouraging.

I no longer feel overwhelmed and unhappy when Jaelyn has her fussy time in the evenings. I've begun a little routine that seems to tire her out and keeps me sane. She usually wakes up from her last nap when Phil is going to  bed- around 8pm. And then her and I just hang out, watching t.v., cuddling, walking round the living (I typically do the walking), etc. Sometimes I use her to exercise. Who knew how much exercise you could get carrying around a newborn!?!
Then around 10 pm I give her a bath (most evenings, not every), then I give her a little massage with some lotion, then jammie time. Finally she eats around 10:30 and usually falls asleep around 11pm or so.

It's a fun little routine that I'm beginning to enjoy and look forward to. And ya know what...tonight she didn't even have her really long crying spell that she ALWAYS has at night. So maybe she's getting the hang of things too, and feels more comfortable.

Okay, now I'm distracted by her. Sometimes I just have to stare at her! So I'm gonna go do that instead of writing any more :-)

I LOVE MY BABY!





1 comment: