Thursday, September 3, 2009

Final Destination

Well I finally made it last night. I wasn't sure if I would ever get here. It seemed like it took nearly forever. That long layover in Miami was just ridiculous. But somehow I managed through all the different airports.
The host family that I am staying with is just awesome. They are easy to talk to and make me feel so comfortable. I'm so grateful that they have opened up their home to me. They actually just moved here from Arizona about five months ago. The funny thing is that they were on one of the short term trips that I helped organize here three years ago. They came back the next two years also and decided that they wanted to be missionaries. Everything just sort of fell into place and here they are.
I can hear them downstairs right now learning the language. Every morning their Spanish teacher comes over and they study for several hours a day. I think I may have to join them later.

I am so blessed because I have access to the internet and also a free phone. Yes, that's right... FREE! That means anyone can call me if they would like. It's an Arizona number, so if you call from your cell it will be free, but if you call from a home phone it will be like calling to Arizona. But who has landlines anymore, right? Here is the number: 623-444-2964
If someone else answers (which I'm sure they will because I'm not about to answer someone else's phone. How awkward would that be?) then just ask for me.

Well, I am about to leave now. I am going to the barrio with Danell this morning. Just jumping right in. Just what I love!!

Thank you for your prayers!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment