Saturday, September 12, 2009

Burning Bush

I've always thought that Moses had it easy. Because of the burning bush experience, he knew exactly what he was called to do. I've longed for my own burning bush time and time again. If God would just give me a sign then I would know what He wants of me and I would do it!
Why can't I get a Burning Bush like Moses? And then I read the story again. This time I understood it a little differently. The burning bush wasn't a sign for Moses so he would know what God wanted him to do. The burning bush was nothing more than an attention getter- so Moses would stop long enough to listen to what God had been telling him for so long.
God had been tugging at the heart of Moses for many many years. But Moses was running- he was scared. When Moses came across the burning bush he stopped and opened his heart to God. It was then that He was able to hear what God had been saying all along.
I don't want a burning bush. After understanding the implications of one, I'd rather not have one. My desire is that my heart is always open to God. I long to hear His words, to know His heart and His desire for my life.
I don't want to run away from Him, I don't want Him to have to catch my attention with a burning bush, or a mission trip to South America, or anything else. I simply want to listen to Him and know where He is directing me.

On a completely unrelated note.... Here are some pictures for those of you who want to see my face again :)

Breakfast with the ladies- after a Baptism in the Ocean!

Going out to sea..

.

Hanging out with the... birds?

2 comments:

  1. you and those birds...you fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew... so glad I just got to see your face. I miss it. You're right though... I don't want one either. We don't need no burning bush!!

    Anam cara :)

    ReplyDelete