Monday, January 12, 2009

Here, There and Every where

Here, There and Everywhere

Well, I finally made it to Nairobi late last night. Sadly though, my luggage didn't have the same luck as I did. But soon we will be reunited! Traveling here was hectic and bizarre... and it's quite miraculous that I even made it! For one, my flight to Chicago was canceled because of the snow. I flew to Minneapolis, and there realized that the flight to London that I was booked on was full. But, at the last minute a seat was available and I made it. London is another long and miraculous story. With the systems being down, and me not having a plane ticket because of the canceled flight to Chicago, I almost missed my flight to Nairobi. I still have no idea how I actually made it!

But I did make it! I started working today. For the next several weeks I will be going from one program to another, just taking it all in and sort of figuring out where I might fit in. Today I did social work and went with Mary on multiple home visits. It was really good to get to know some people and to see the culture. I haven't even been here for 24 hours yet, and I already love it. I had chai tea 3 times today!! It's probably one of my most favorite things!

Anyway... I'll give more of an update later on. I just wanted to let everyone know that I did make it here. I'm alive and well :)

My snail mail address is:

Missions of Hope
Zambarau Road, Pangani
P.O. Box 71484-00622
Nairobi, Kenya

Just in case anybody decided to send me something :) Thank you for all of the prayers, I really appreciate it.

Love Sarah

3 comments:

  1. YAY, you're there!! For some reason I just became absolutely overjoyed that I about cried. No seriously, there were almost tears. Maybe it's because I've been there and I know exactly what you're experiencing or I'm just so excited for what God is going to do in and through you this semester. I'm praying for you constantly friend. You can guarantee that. Please drink lots of chai for me, eat chipati, and just enjoy life and Kenya and the people you'll get to work with. *sigh* Gosh I wish I could be there with you. There will be a time and a place for that though I'm sure. Take care. Much love. Nakupenda Sana rafiki!! Kwaheri!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm..missed this one too. well I am glad you made it. lol.

    ReplyDelete