Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sarah the Missionary

What a crazy few days it's been! It's hard to wrap my mind around it at times, and sometimes I wonder if maybe I'm dreaming. Well here's the scoop:

After I wrote my last blog, I was beginning to think that maybe God really was wanting me to stay in Lincoln. I'm sure that I could find something in Lincoln that I love and that I'm good at. I just really wanted to go back to Kenya, but I hadn't heard anything from the missionaries there. So Friday morning I was just pouring my heart out to God. I figure he knows what I'm thinking and feeling anyway, so I might as well just share it with him. I told him that I really wanted to just go and do something- I just want Him to use me. That's my hearts desire, but if I'm supposed to stay in Lincoln then I will do that (i really didn't want to stay in Lincoln, but God knows best).
But I was tired of waiting and searching for someplace to go. So I just said that if nothing came up by Monday then I was going to fill out the stack of applications I have and get a job in Lincoln. I was certain that I could find something in Lincoln that I loved.
And all day I just kept thinking about Peru. I had been there 3 years ago, for a summer internship. It was a great experience and the missionaries there were awesome. All day long I just kept thinking about it. Finally I sent them an email, explaining that I would like to maybe come back for a little bit and asked if they would be willing to accomodate me.
Saturday I got an email back saying to call them. And I did just that. I talked to Mike and he said that I should come and that they would figure out something for me to do. I told him that I graduated from College and that my degree was in Missions. He asked if I knew anything about developing communities. I said "Well... my Focus was in Community Development, so...". And he said that was amazing because that's exactly what they were doing now.

So... I'm leaving as soon as I get the money to go. I've already been blessed with $2000, so I only need to raise about $500 more. I will be gone for almost 2 months.

I just can't explain how truly blessed I am. I am so thankful for everything that has happened. This year has been really hard for me and I've just felt so broken and lost and abandoned. I felt like God wasn't hearing my cries or that he just didn't care. But I was so wrong. He does care, it was just that I was not listening to what He was saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment