Monday, August 12, 2013

Due Date...

Well it's happened again. My due date has come and gone. I thought for sure that this pregnancy would result in an early delivery. No such luck.
I suppose though, that I do have another week. After all, the doctor decided to change my due date not that long ago. How unfair to go the majority of your pregnancy believing your due date was on August 12, only to be told that no, your due date is now August 19th. Who wants to wait an extra week?!

Yes yes, I'm close. I get that. It’s just one more week. Well try telling that to a woman who had been anticipating the arrival of this precious little baby for over 9 months already. A week is a big deal! Not to mention…I feel like I’ve been pregnant for 2 years! We found out we were pregnant when Jaelyn was 5 months old. Only five months of not being pregnant from August 2011 to August 2013. So yeah, a week is a big deal, thank you very much.

My doctor wants to induce on Thursday if he hasn’t made his debut by then. She thinks that he is already a big boy and doesn’t want me to wait too much longer for fear of him getting even bigger. Well thank you doctor, for your educated guess. I am all for evicting this baby out of me, but I can’t take seriously your guess at how big he really is. After all, my previous doctor with Jaelyn was convinced that she was going to be quite large and scheduled me for an induction. She wasn’t even 8 pounds! Thankfully everything went very well and there were no complications with the induction, but I really don’t want to be induced again.

I want to go into labor naturally. But I also don’t want to wait another 2 weeks. Once again, I’ve tried all of the natural home induction methods to no avail. Obviously they are just a myth. Obviously. But I at least like to believe that it is doing something- even if that something is simply me doing anything to pass the time. Even if it’s not doing one darn thing, it sure is fun to try.

There have been a couple of times that we were sure it was “go time”. Contractions getting quite painful and 5-7 minutes apart. Eventually though, just before we decide to actually go to the hospital, they end up subsiding. So FRUSTRATING! But it’s also quite promising. I know that my body is preparing itself for labor. Unlike last time when I really didn’t experience any contractions prior to being induced, I am having contractions daily. I’m convinced it will happen eventually. As they say…the baby will come when the baby is ready (Gosh I really hate that saying).


And so we wait…

No comments:

Post a Comment