Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Surprise Baby Shower

Morning Grace. Ah, how I love the women I have met in Morning Grace.

I may have mentioned it before, but Morning Grace happens every Wednesday at my church. It's a time for women to come together and fellowship. We have yummy breakfast together, a time of worship, and then we split up into smaller groups to study scripture or a book.

The lovely women that I was blessed to be a part of have truly impacted my life.

I went to Morning Grace in hopes of making a friend or two. I was feeling lonely and didn't really know anyone. My main goal was simply to meet one or two people that I could get together with occasionally. God certainly had other plans in mind! Instead of simply making one or two friends, I have found a whole group of women to share life with! All of the women in my group have touched my heart! I have never felt so connected to so many different women before.

On the last day of Morning Grace, I was completely surprised and humbled when the ladies ushered in gobs of baby stuff! For me! I couldn't believe. I felt tears well up in my eyes at their love and generosity. We had only spent a few short weeks together- only one day a week and only for 2 hours. And here these ladies were generously pouring their love out on me and my baby. Thinking about still brings tears to my eyes (hormones, perhaps?!). I have never experienced such genuine love and kindness.

I love those ladies. I cherish them. And I am so blessed to get to call them friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment