Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Place to Call Our Own

Finally! Phil and I have our own place! It is such an amazing feeling to be able to have a home...a place of our very own. It was nice getting to stay at his parents house for the summer. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. Free internet, free cable, free air-conditioning, and lots of free food. But I still felt like a wandering nomad.
And when we would go to visit friends/family on the weekends, we always had to find a place to stay. Luckily we have amazing friends and family that would let us crash with them, but still...I felt like a nomad.

The apartment hunt was not an easy task. Especially with the budget we have. Amazingly, we were able to snag an apartment that has a decent size living room, a pretty big kitchen, a huge bedroom and plenty of closet space! I still can't believe we got such a great deal on this place. Phil said we should get it because it was unlikely we would find anything with so much space for such a little price. So we did!! And I finally got to open up the gifts we got for our wedding shower....way back in April.
I have yet to use it though, because we haven't actually moved in yet. Phil is still finishing up his internship. This is his last week. And then we will be able to actually reside in our new place! I am extremely stoked for the end of the week!

On a different note...I'm beginning to wonder if this whole nursing thing is not for me. Everytime I enroll for classes, or try to get into a program, something always comes up and I am unable to go through with it. Even now, I am enrolled for my pre-reqs for the nursing program, and I am now unable to pay for the classes. And any payment plan that they offer is still too much at this time. Is this God closing the doors for me to go into Nursing? Is it maybe that there is something else out there for me, something that doesn't require more schooling?
Maybe those are just my desires. It would be lovely to not have to go back to school, but to be able to find my dream job.
Sometimes I wonder if that is even possible.

And so we take the good with the bad. I have a place to call my own, but I'm uncertain about what's to come in the next few days/weeks.

2 comments:

  1. When did you do this? It's pretty I like it lol I think Dream jobs do exist maybe not every aspect of it but I think if you find the part about it you love the most stick with that, you can do anything Sarah I believe that you are so smart and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...I just saw this :-)

    You're sweet! I knew you were my friend for a reason!

    ReplyDelete