Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Pleasant Surprise

As I've already written, I came here as a means of running away. Of course, God had other plans. What I meant to be an escape, God meant to be healing. And God knows best! So while it has been very difficult and trying, I am so grateful for this time here. Not only has it impacted me because I've had to face what's inside of me, it has also impacted me as a missionary. The things I've seen and experienced have challenged me, broken me, and filled my very being with a passion to minister to people, no matter where I am.
I also came here thinking I was getting away for two months. But again, things don't often turn out the way I planned. When the missionary purchased my ticket for me, he made it for the wrong return day. And so... surprise surprise!... I am home at the beginning of October and not the end. Yes, that's correct, I'm home now. I wanted to surprise everyone, and for the most part I have. It's been great!
I'm really glad to be home. I had mixed feelings- I really loved my time there. But I'm also happy to be back. I'm ready to find what's right around the corner from me- to help meet the needs in my own neighborhood- to do what I can for the people that are right here.
Thanks again for all your prayers and also your emails. They were really encouraging and it's something I needed at the beginning of my trip. Also, just because I'm back in the States, it doesn't mean my journey is done. I believe we're all on a journey, striving to live out the passion that is stirring up in us. I will continue to blog about my passions, my struggles and whatever experiences life throws my way.

Also... on an unrelated note- I have a job interview on Monday, and I really hope I get it!!

Here are some more pics from my trip:




Hanging out on the roof with Skylar and Nicole

Playing cards (obviously)


Hanging out with the family... watching Biggest Loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment