Monday, February 16, 2009

Where I am - What I'm doing

Where I am- What I'm doing

I
know that everyone already knows where I am, but I’ve just recently figured out what it is that I will be doing. Because I just jumped right into this internship, it has taken several weeks to mesh out all the details of what I’ll actually be doing. So… here it is:

*On Tuesdays and Fridays I will be answering the phones and doing office work.

*I will fill in as lodge supervisor as needed

*I will be the case manager for 2 ladies living here

*I am also going to start mentoring two of the older girls living here

*And because I am the new intern, I will do whatever else needs to be done


Oh, and fyi, I started drinking coffee again. Life is just altogether too stressful and tiring to not drink coffee anymore. According to some of the little girls here at the Mission “coffee makes you short.” But, I figure I’m already short, so it doesn’t really matter.

In case anyone would like to send me some snail mail- my new address is:

1003 ½ South 8th Street

Springfield IL 62703

Here are a few pictures from where I now am:


Inner City Mission


The Office... where I spend countless hours


In the kitchen- about to eat dinner


Just a few of the kids- waiting to eat


Two of the girls living here


Mystery and some of the girls were listening to music videos

No comments:

Post a Comment